ARTBA’s Northeastern Regional meeting, online Nov. 4-5, will take place on an interactive platform that allows attendees to see and speak to each other. The first day features a panel discussion about the impact of COVID-19 on the transit sector. Dan Corey, deputy national ITS practice leader at AECOM will moderate the 3:30 p.m. Eastern session, which also includes:
- Leslie Richards, general manager of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA);
- Tom Prendergast, executive vice president and Americas transit market leader, AECOM; and
- Thomas Rowbottom, deputy director of operations, PATH.
Another highlighted session at 1 p.m. Eastern, Nov. 5, will explore the redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport Terminal B in New York City. It features three WSP USA project professionals:
- Brendan Smith, civil engineer;
- Mitchell Jordan, project manager; and
- Timothy Burke, civil engineer.
ARTBA Chairman Steve McGough and Northeastern Region Vice Chairman David Harwood are hosting the virtual meeting. ARTBA senior staff will provide transportation construction market, policy and regulatory updates. See the full agenda and register.
ARTBA’s Southern Regional meeting is Nov. 9-10. The Central & Western regionals are combined Nov. 16-17 and includes the annual Dr. J. Don Brock TransOvation™ Workshop. These events also will take place in the same interactive platform.
(PHOTO: SEPTA transit car in Philadelphia. VisitPhilly.com)