By Katie Chimelewski, director of safety & certification, ARTBA
ARTBA and its industry and government partners are leading an April 20 online “stand-down” to prevent construction industry “struck-by” incidents, a leading cause of work site fatalities and injuries. This first-ever digital delivery of important National Work Zone Awareness Week content meets Center for Disease Control guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The event begins at 2 p.m. Eastern. Please register now and ask questions in advance to our expert panel:
- Scott Earnest, acting director, NIOSH Construction Division, introductory remarks
- David Fosbroke, statistician, NIOSH Division of Safety Research
- Travis Parsons, associate director of Occupational Safety and Health, Laborers’ Health & Safety Fund of North America
- Jerral Wyer, (retired), director of Occupational Safety and Health, Texas Department of Transportation
- Dave Dostaler, vice president of safety, Kraemer North America
- Brad Sant, senior vice president of safety & education, ARTBA, moderator
Struck-by stand-down materials developed by ARTBA, the Center for Construction Research and Training, and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH) Construction Sector Council membership, plus other resources from trusted sources, are available for download.
We encourage companies to hold Stand-Down events that follow social distancing policies and procedures. Download ideas for activities. A certificate of participation for your employees or company will be available after the event.