By Mark Holan, editorial director, ARTBA
Expert speakers from the transportation construction industry, academia and the business community will focus on the role of new technologies and “smart” construction techniques in building more resilient transportation systems during this year’s ARTBA National Convention, which for the first time is being held in conjunction with the annual Dr. J. Don Brock TransOvation Workshop™.
The event takes place Sept. 30-Oct. 3 at the Westin Times Square in New York City.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Stephen E. Flynn, founding director of the Global Resilience Institute at Northeastern University;
- Michael Steep, executive director of the Stanford University Global Project Center’s Digital Cities & Emerging Technologies;
- Cameron Birge, humanitarian response manager at Microsoft;
- Josh DeFlorio, chief of resilience & sustainability at the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey; and
- Mike Flood, national resiliency lead at WSP USA.
TransOvation speakers include Ross Smith, director of customer engineering at Microsoft; Ted Zoli, senior vice president at HNTB; and John Hillman, technical director at Parsons Construction Group
Full program, registration and sponsorship opportunities are available at https://artbanationalconvention.org/.