By Mark Holan, editorial director, ARTBA
The 64th edition of the Fortune 500 list includes 15 ARTBA member firms. Eight of the firms ranked in the top 500 have combined annual revenues of more than $167.5 billion, and nearly 455,000 total employees.
Following their place on the Fortune list, here are those eight firms hyperlinked to the publication’s profiles, with business description and number of employees:
- 65) Caterpillar, Mining and construction equipment maker, 98,400
- 97) 3M, Diverse manufacturing, including personal protective gear, 91,536
- 102) Deere, Agricultural and construction equipment maker, 60,476
- 153) Fluor, Engineering and construction, 56,706
- 164) AECOM, Engineering and construction services, 87,000
- 297) Jacobs Engineering Group, Engineering, design, construction services, 49,750
- 339) Peter Kiewit Sons’, Engineering and construction contractor, 22,000
- 450) Old Republic International, Property and casualty insurer, 8,700
An additional seven ARTBA member firms (or corporate parent) are ranked in places 501 to 1,000 of the Fortune list: Martin Marietta Materials, 607; Vulcan Materials, 615; Trinity Industries (includes ARTBA member Trinity Highway), 633; Granite Construction, 737; Kennametal, 944; Summit Materials, 975; and SiteOne Landscape Supply, 996.
ARTBA congratulates all these firms on their business success. (If we’ve inadvertently overlooked a member, please let us know.)