The end result of that partnership led to the creation of the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse (www.workzonesafety.org.). Twenty years later, the facility has become the world’s largest online information source on road construction zone safety issues, and is regularly accessed by highway contractors, federal, state and local officials, traffic safety professionals, news media and general public.
Among the Clearinghouse’s achievements:
- 5 million page views
- 2 million information requests filled
- 6,000 searchable content files
- 3,400 conference & workshop attendees
- 1,600 Listserv members
- 1,500 archived database files
- 400 average daily users
- 17 Clearinghouse conferences and workshops
Read the 20th anniversary story from the May-June issue of Transportation Builder.
Visit www.workzonesafety.org to take advantage of the Clearinghouse’s services.