By Mark Holan, editorial director, ARTBA
A new president and Congress are about to be elected, numerous states are holding transportation investment referendums, and the FAST Act is nearing its first anniversary. These and other business factors are why ARTBA’s mid-year economic report to highlight U.S. and regional market conditions is more important than ever.
ARTBA’s Chief Economist Dr. Alison Premo Black will provide the latest details and look ahead during a one-hour webinar beginning at Noon EDT on Aug. 10.
In addition to fielding questions from participants, Dr. Black will cover these key areas:
- National construction update for the highway, transit, bridge, airport runway, freight, rail, ports/waterways markets;
- Market condition reports by region (Northeast, Southern, Western and Mid-West);
- Current state and local transportation funding trends;
- FAST Act implementation;
- Contract award trends;
- Potential future market impacts of state and local transportation ballot initiatives this November; and
- Impacts of current P3 projects.
The webinar is aimed at transportation design and construction professionals, analysts and investors, and public agency officials.
Registration is $125 (ARTBA Members); $150 (Non-Members); and $50 (Public officials); and can be completed at www.artbastore.org.
Contact ARTBA’s Tommy Meyerhoeffer with any questions.