By Mark Holan, editorial director, ARTBA
The full program of events and registration details for the ARTBA 2016 National Convention, held Oct. 4-6 at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Arizona, are now available online.
This year’s theme is “Really Putting Safety First.” It will feature the unveiling of a game-changing safety initiative that has been nearly two years in the making. The program’s goal is to significantly boost the hazard awareness and risk management skills of all transportation project professionals who are in positions of influence, and to cause a decline in safety incidents. Have we piqued your curiosity? If so, you’ll want to be there to learn all of the details.
The convention also includes an exhibitor showcase for interested firms to highlight their safety products and services. And there’s much more:
- Former F-16 fighter pilot Anthony Bourke will kick-off the event by sharing his tips for ensuring peak performance.
- Caterpillar Chairman & CEO Doug Oberhelman will deliver a speech about “The State of American Business.”
- Caterpillar also will host an exciting big machine demonstration that culminates with a colorful fireworks display at their Tinaja Hills facility.
- ARTBA senior staff will provide a federal transportation policy and regulatory update, preview the November elections and transportation ballot initiatives, and share a sneak peek at the 2017 market forecast.
- Veteran actor and performer Ron Pearson will entertain at the Chairman’s Banquet, followed by an evening of star-gazing hosted by professional astronomers and their powerful telescopes.
The event website also has information about sponsorship opportunities. For questions, please contact ARTBA Vice President of Meetings & Events Ed Tarrant.