ARTBA, along with a group of 47 other trade organizations, urged Congress March 12 to increase funding for the United States Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) navigation program in order to support necessary maintenance for navigation channels and allow for safe and efficient freight movement. Specifically, the groups’ letter notes “Federal investments in navigation-related infrastructure are an essential and effective utilization of limited resources, paying dividends through increased trade and international competitiveness, sustainable job creation and more than $200 billion annually in Federal, state and local tax revenues.” The groups also argued that increased funding would allow Congress to utilize the full amount of revenues generated by the Harbor Maintenance Tax, as directed by the 2014 Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 (WRRDA). Read the letters to House and Senate appropriators.
- Buttigieg Optimistic on Major Infrastructure InvestmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden Acts To Reverse Trump Regulatory PoliciesJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden Orders Workplace COVID-19 Protection ReviewJanuary 22, 2021
- Trottenberg Tapped as U.S. DOT Deputy Secretary; Key Staff for FHWA and Other Agencies NamedJanuary 22, 2021
- State DOTs Get Access to $10 Billion in COVID-19 Relief FundingJanuary 22, 2021