Registration is now open for the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) sixth webinar in their “Alternative Contracting Methods – Alternative Technical Concepts” series. The series is designed to appeal to a wide audience of stakeholders that help deliver highway projects.
The free 90-minute session will begin at 2:00 p.m., EST.
Major Topics of Discussion:
- The legal implications of using ATCs on projects, including:
- Understanding the legal issues associated with using ATCs;
- Identifying the contractual issues associated with using ATCs; and
- Conducting a proper procurement, including determining confidentiality requirements and ownership rights, how to avoid a protest, and establishing where design liability lies.
- How two states are establishing the legislative authority to use ATCs with traditional design-bid-build contracting.
Training Certificates for Professional Development Hours (based on each state’s requirements) will be provided for those interested.