ARTBA, along with a coalition of industry associations, called on members of the U.S. Congress November 14 to approve the Keystone XL pipeline project. The proposed pipeline would transport an estimated 83,000 barrels of oil per day from Canada to U.S. refineries. The industry groups stressed Keystone’s potential for creating significant economic benefits, including much needed jobs in the transportation construction sector. The associations also noted prior reviews have found the Keystone project would have minimal environmental effects. A Wisconsin-based ARTBA member has already been awarded a contract for constructing 371 miles of pipeline, but construction cannot begin until the entire project is approved. Read the letter.
- Free Virtual Training on Excavation & Trenching HazardsJanuary 27, 2021
- Buttigieg Optimistic on Major Infrastructure InvestmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden Acts To Reverse Trump Regulatory PoliciesJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden Orders Workplace COVID-19 Protection ReviewJanuary 22, 2021
- Trottenberg Tapped as U.S. DOT Deputy Secretary; Key Staff for FHWA and Other Agencies NamedJanuary 22, 2021