The Metropolitan Washington Road & Transportation Builders Association (MWRTBA) July 31 offered both support and suggestions for improving the District of Columbia’s “moveDC” proposal— a 26-year, $54 billion multimodal transportation plan that aims to address the city’s growing population and transportation needs. Specifically, MWRTBA urged all funds raised for “moveDC” be dedicated solely to transportation and discouraged any diversion of such resources to pay for non-transportation related projects. MWRTBA also warned the “moveDC” effort should not attempt to endorse one transportation mode at the expense of others and urged the District Department of Transportation to make sure proper attention is paid to transportation construction worker safety. Read MWRTBA’s comments.
- 2021 Events Schedule Is Under ConstructionNovember 25, 2020
- 2021 U.S. Transportation Construction Market Forecast Webinar Coming Dec. 10November 25, 2020
- ARTBA Reaches Out to Incoming Biden AdministrationNovember 20, 2020
- ‘Future of Work’ Hot Topic at ARTBA’s Final 2020 Regional Meeting November 20, 2020
- Barrasso to Step Aside as Lead GOP Member of Key Senate Committee November 20, 2020