In a sign of the growing importance of legal issues on transportation projects, more than 40 transportation design and construction professionals, and attorneys from around the nation gathered in Washington, D.C., June 11 to discuss disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) compliance, P3s and surety bonding, organizational conflicts of interest, design build, environmental issues, and to receive a construction law update. They were participants in the 6th Annual ARTBA Transportation Construction Law & Regulatory Forum—it was the biggest gathering yet. The keynote session featured Fred Wagner, former FHWA chief counsel and currently a principal with Beveridge & Diamond. The construction case law update materials will be available online soon to the entire ARTBA membership. Special thanks are due to the event sponsors: Rogers, Joseph & O’Donnell; Stites & Harbison; Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, and Peckar & Abramson.
- Buttigieg Optimistic on Major Infrastructure InvestmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden Acts To Reverse Trump Regulatory PoliciesJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden Orders Workplace COVID-19 Protection ReviewJanuary 22, 2021
- Trottenberg Tapped as U.S. DOT Deputy Secretary; Key Staff for FHWA and Other Agencies NamedJanuary 22, 2021
- State DOTs Get Access to $10 Billion in COVID-19 Relief FundingJanuary 22, 2021