By Mark Holan, editorial director, ARTBA
ARTBA and the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) are co-hosting a March 7 lunch session at the 2018 World of Asphalt conference in Houston to highlight the new safety certification program and preview online roadway construction safety courses.
With nearly 8,000 road construction workers killed or injured annually, status quo safety performance is unacceptable.
Participants will learn about:
- Comprehensive ARTBA and NAPA safety training programs;
- The ANSI/ISO-designed Safety Certification for Transportation Project Professionals™ (SCTPP) program to increase project hazard awareness and decrease safety incidents; and
- A new suite of targeted online courses designed to address asphalt road construction activities.
The presenters include:
- 2018 NAPA Chairman Craig Parker, executive vice president of Silver Star Construction
- Howard Marks, NAPA vice president of environment, health & safety
- Brad Sant, ARTBA senior vice president of safety & education
- Beth Stinson, ARTBA director of education & online learning
The 90-minute interactive session begins at noon local time at the George R. Brown Convention Center. It is open to anyone, but lunch will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 200 people who RSVP at www.puttingsafetyfirst.org/woa.
Show attendees can also learn about ARTBA and NAPA safety programs at their joint Safety Pavilion, located at Exhibit Booth #2300.
For more information, contact ARTBA’s Ed Tarrant.